During Hanukkah season, it can often be difficult to find nut free Hanukkah treats. I put together this list, which should help you whether you’re searching for yourself, your family, or your friends. Here are some options I hope you enjoy!
This vanilla flavored Hanukkah House Decorating Kit by Manischewitz comes with everything you’ll need to make an edible cookie house. It won the best nut free house kit contest by a landslide. And because it’s manufactured by Manischewitz, you know it’s coming from a leading brand of Kosher products.
This was the only kit from the list that I felt was actually dedicated to Hanukkah. There are a few other plain kits that you could turn into a Hanukkah house, but this is the only one that I found to have specific details dedicated to celebrating the season. It comes with four colors of frosting: white, navy blue, light blue, and yellow.
It also comes with a few extra toys like a Hanukah Dreidel Spinner, dark chocolate gelt coins, and five plastic dreidels. All the decorations you see in the picture are included in the kit so that means blue and white sprinkles, mini beads, sugar decorations and a six point star or two. It also includes instructions on how to assemble the cookie house base. You can replicate the design used in the photo on the box, or you can decorate the cookie base to create your own design for a Hanukkah House.
I like the idea of making this with the family. It creates a fun bonding activity. And gives kids something to do with their cousins or their friends. (Certified Nut Free & Certified Kosher)
2. Best Nut Free Dreidel Candy
Winner: No Whey Choco No No's Dreidel (Produced in a Nut Free Facility & Kosher)
The company No Whey Chocolate won the categories “best of” contest again! This time for their dreidel candy. The “Choco No No’s Dreidel” is a toy dreidel box filled with chocolate candy No No’s. For the company No Whey Chocolate, their year round No No’s are basically an allergen friendly version of M&M’s.
The No No’s contain no milk, no peanuts, and no tree-nuts. In congruence with the school safe policy of this company, the No No’s are free from eight of the most common allergens. This product, along with all their products, are manufactured inside a dedicated nut free facility, as well as a top eight allergen free facility. A guaranteed way to make your nut free Hanukkah even more enjoyable.
This company only creates candy that is free from artificial flavors or colors. So their colors come from concentrate sources like carrot, lemon, spirulina, pumpkin, blackcurrant, and radish. The Chocolate No No’s are actually available for purchasing year-round. The dreidel packaged Chocolate No No’s are only available seasonally. No Whey creates creamy textures that taste like milk chocolate, sans actual milk.
- Dreidel Filled With Chocolate (Amazon)
- This toy dreidel by Bo & Ty Sweets stores chocolate gelt coins inside an acrylic frame. Each dreidel comes with 10 nut free chocolate coins. The coins are covered in gold foil and decorated with symbols of Hanukkah. (Produced in a Nut Free Facility & Certified Kosher). Allergy warning: contains milk.
- Dreidel Jewel Pop Rings (Amazon)
- Each dreidel is individual wrapped. Each bag comes with 18 jewel ring pops in dreidel shapes. (Certified Kosher)
3. Best Nut Free Hanukkah Solid Chocolate Treat
Winner: Nut Free Hanukkah Mini Chocolate Shapes (Amazon)
This box of chocolates is filled with five mini Hanukkah shapes that are nut free, gluten-free, and non-GMO. Two boxes of chocolates come with only one order. So, that’s 10 chocolate Hanukkah shapes per order. (Nut Free & Certified Kosher)
Runner-Up: Nut Free Hanukkah Lollypop
This Hanukkah lollipop is made by Amanda’s Own Confections. It’s dairy free, nut free, peanut free, gluten free, wheat free, soy free, egg free, corn free, sesame free, mustard free, shellfish free, crustacean free, and vegan. It would be a great lollipop to share with friends since it’s free from all of the top eight allergens. It says Happy Hanukkah in chocolate on a lollipop stick, tied and decorated with a white satin bow.
The chocolate company was started by Amanda, a mother of a daughter with a life threatening allergy to dairy and egg products. Because dairy is in so many chocolates, Amanda decided to turn to making their own cookies. Then she started making chocolate that was free from the top 14 food allergens. Before she knew it she was sharing it with friends, and then it developed into a food company. All of the raw ingredients Amanda’s Own Confections uses are Kosher certified, but the facility has not yet been Kosher Certified as it is still in the certification process. See Amanda’s Own Made in a Dedicated Facility page for information regarding their commitment to allergy-safe practices.
(Produced in a Nut Free Facility & Kosher – made with all kosher certified ingredients)
4. Best Nut Free Hanukkah Gelt
Winner: No Whey Chocolate Gelt Coins
The company No Whey Chocolate sells a lot of really amazing chocolate treats, all nut free. In fact, everything they sell is made inside a dedicated facility that is free from peanuts and tree nuts. If you or the person you’re buying the gelt for has an allergy to milk or lactose, you’ll be happy to know that the facility No Whey makes their chocolates in is completely free from milk. It’s also free from gluten, wheat, egg, and soy. Plus, it’s kosher.
The chocolate itself is pretty high quality and comes with the gelt coins stacked inside a 4.2 oz plastic tube. The packaging of the tube is decorated with labels in Hanukkah blue.
Made in a Dedicated Nut Free Facility, Kosher
- Paskesz NUT-FREE – PARVE Chocolate Gelt Coins (also available on Amazon)
- 5 holographic coins in each mesh bag, 24 bags in a box. (Certified Nut Free & Certified Kosher)
- Jerusalem Of Gold NUT-FREE Milk Chocolate Gelt Coins
- 5 gold coins in each mesh bag, 24 bags in a box (Produced in a Nut Free Facility & Certified Kosher)
- Tub Nut Free Jerusalem of Gold Milk Multicolored Foil Wrap Hanukkah Chocolate Gelt Coins (Amazon)
- 70 multicolored gelt coins, packaged inside a plastic tub (Produced in Nut Free Facility & Certified Kosher)
5. Best Nut Free Hanukkah Cookies
These nut free Hanukkah sugar cookies from Smiley Cookie are individually wrapped and certified Kosher by the Orthodox Union. Each order includes 12 cookies baked fresh by a kosher bakery. The Smiley Cookie bakery is regularly inspected by a rabbi to ensure kosher standards. The cookies are about 3.5×3.5in in a circular width. They’re decorated with white and blue frosting, with blue sugar granules on the outer edge. In the center of the cookie is a “Happy Hanukkah” greeting next to the Star of David printed in blue.
Smiley Cookie is a nut free bakery. Visit their FAQs page to read more about their allergen policy. They state, “No nuts of any kind enter our bakery.” Check out their line of nut free cookies, to learn more about the selection of cookies they offer. (Produced inside a Nut Free Facility & Kosher)
- Nut Free Hanukkah Star Of David Cookie Kit
- This nut free Hanukkah Star Of David Cookie Kit includes two nut free cookies, and one blue icing pen. Each cookie is about 3 x 3in. The vanilla cookies have an outline on the edge of the star that can be colored in, or, decorated any way you like. This is another holiday food activity that combines making food with making memories. (Nut Free & Certified Kosher)
- Katz Gluten Free Vanilla Cookies (Amazon)
- Okay so these aren’t necessarily Hanukkah related, but you could decorate them with blue frosting or make your own sugar cookies at home and do the same sort of thing. If sugar cookies are your thing check out this recipe by food blogger, Jessica from FromJessicasKitchen. If you don’t have a holiday themed cookie cutter set, check out these stainless steel Hanukkah Cookie Cutters (Amazon).
- Here’s another Hanukkah Cookie recipe Vegan Chanukah Star Spelt Cookies.
- But getting back to the Gluten Free Vanilla Cookies by Katz, they’re nut free, dairy free and soy free & made in a facility free from all three of those allergens. (Produced inside a Nut Free Facility & Certified Kosher)
And if You’re Looking for Present Ideas. . . Here’s an Extra Hanukkah Present Idea Sans Nuts
- English (Publication Language)
- 48 Pages - 09/27/2012 (Publication Date) - Mad Libs (Publisher)
Last update on 2021-09-27 // Source: Amazon
Summary of These Nut Free Hanukkah Treats. . . and Happy Hanukkah!
I hope you found something from our list of nut free Hanukkah treat suggestions that will bring a smile to you and your loved ones faces. All of them are nut free and most were made inside a dedicated peanut and tree nut free facility. Chag Urim Sameach!